Sunday 8 August 2010

The night is on my mind...



Hello again. I'm glad to be able to say that this month's 1HM mix is ready to go. Having decided against another weekend of Shoreditch-based debauchery, I'd chill at home. One of the results of this, as well as saving abit of cash is that I've been able to focus on recording!

'1HM' basically stands for 'One Hot Mix'. After coming back from Sunsplash Antalya totally inspired, I decided to set myself a challenge. I would endeavour to start a blog and upload a minimum of one 'hot' mix every moth until the end of year. Having DJed for a while, the number of mixes on tape, minidisc and cd hanging around the has got a bit ridiculous so I thought I'd start sharing the good stuff with my people. So in addition to the main mix every month, I shall dig deeep in the crates for stuff I've done during my school days, uni days, and all the inbetween up until now. Easy.

Fully enjoyed putting this one together. There's some classic joints from Jimi Tenor, High Fashion and The Chi-Lites, alongside new isht from Incognito, Dirty Science, SBTRKT feat. Sampha (that Sampha kid is gonna blow large!!!), Donae'o and Machinedrum (one of my favourite producers at the moment). This mix also features a couple of new samples I've made for my upcoming guest appearance on 'The Hot Selection' with David and Francis aka The Plus DJs...looking forward to it very much! soulradiouk.com, Tuesday 24th of August, 10pm til' midnight. 'Dem boys got it goin'on!

Anyway, on with the music. Got a few gigs in the pipeline, will update you in due course. 1HM pt. 2, August 2010. You're all welcome so get involved.


ATB

Lebz.

1HM pt. 2: August 2010


1) Intro no.2: DJ Loki

2) Better Than Ever: Jimi Tenor

3) Sakatak: Machinedrum

4) Fall In Love (Your Funeral)

5) FInd My Way: Ayah

6) Right On: The Roots feat Joanna Newsom & STS

7) Painted (Remix. feat Mickey Factz): Peter Hadar

8) Disco Power: Bomp

9) Lowdown (feat Mario Biondi & Chaka Khan): Incognito

10) Feelin' Lucky Lately: High Fashion

11) Grandma's Rocking Chair (Kenny Dope Remix): Kenny Dope

12) The Machine (DiVinci Mix) Dirty Science

13) Must See: Kyle Hall

14) Lake Shore Drive (Todd Terje Rekutt): Moodymann

15) HIt 'Em (6th Borough Project Dub): Craig Smith & The Revenge

16) Stuck (Phil Asher's Soul Heaven Version): Peven Everett

17) Better (Seiji's Troubleadub): Toddla T

18) Info People (Atjazz Floor dub)

19) Break Off: SBTRKT & Sampha

20) It's You: Seiji

21)It's That Bass: Machinedrum

22) I'm Fly: Donae'o

23) Ming The Merciless: Akira Kiteshi

24) You Don't Know What Love Is: 2000F & J Kamata

25) No Discipline: Neco Redd

26) I Need You: Mayer Hawthorne

27) Have You Seen Her?: The Chi-Lites

No comments:

Post a Comment