Tuesday 27 July 2010

Time to think...

So, here it is. After a very busy July that included Weddings, Stag Dos, music festivals, The World Cup and other distractions I have finally got round to doing another post. I stand by my earlier promise that I would do posts more often, due the fact that August is a quiet month and funds are short!

Most recently, I played at the 'Soul Solution' at Gramaphone, Saturday just gone, run by the great DJ Soulprovyder. It was a nice gig, the place got quite lively during the second half of my set (the place fills up LATE man! What's with that?). It was my first time playing out for a minute, so had to dust down some vinyl to show that I ain't no punk!

I pulled out a few old skool garage tracks, they went down well. I have to say I was surprised. Finished off my set with 'Sambassim' by DJ Marky & Patife. Rinse out the sound, as they say.

The drum and bass content in my set was inspired by my good friend jengiz (check his blog, it's better than mine!) . Nice to drop some those old beats, reminded me of That's How It Is @ Bar Rumba back in the day.

Anyway, I think I'll be playing there again soon. But this time...I'll be bringing someone...the return of the PLUS+DJS...can't wait.

Until I finish this month's mix, here's a little something I dug up from a dusty corner of my hard drive.



ATB folks,

Lebz.

No comments:

Post a Comment