Thursday 9 September 2010

1HP3: Bwoy...lateness!



OK, got in mad late and missed a post. On the plus side, had a hilarious evening back in the old hood with an old friend and a couple of new ones. OK, the main thing I wanted to post was the idea that you can't please all of the people all of the time. We're having some situations at work that reflect this...and also in the music.


Last night, my good friend who himself would like to be involved in music industry asked if I was trying to please too many people with my eclectic-all across-the-board type mixes, and it got me thinking. Alot. I came to the conclusion that whilst yes, my last mix was trying to be too many things, this is the way it is. Although I've taken what he's said on board, I have to represent the styles, genres and scenes that I have come up with. I'd feel like I wasn't giving it 100% if I didn't.

So I think the next mix I'll put up will have a theme. One style, explored as fully as possible. Whether it be house, hip-hop, drum & bass, jazz, it will be focused.

It's Thursday night and my mind switches towards the weekend...some really nice gigs on this weekend. Bpm and friends @ The Social on Friday night, Questlove @ The Camden Jazz Cafe on Saturday, and this Construction Party in what I suspect is the old Turnmills that has been re-opened for a short space of time...open till 6am...g'wan London, still got that old ravers spirit.

Oh, and the picture above? I may not be able to please all the people, but I don't have to worry about him. he looks pleased enough!

ATB

Lebz.

No comments:

Post a Comment