Wednesday 18 August 2010

Boiler Room 22 feat Hudson Mohawke

Wow. I must say that now I've reached a certain age, it's rare that I'm honestly surprised by gigs, events, club nights etc. That's not to say that I don't enjoy them, it's just that I've recently been feeling that things can get a bit samey-samey. Well, I'm glad to report that ain't the case any more! Last night, I headed across town to check BPm's night, The Boiler Room. It's been going on for most of the year and I had mentioned to Beeps that I'd like to check it out at some point, so off I went to Hackney Downs (serious mileage from South London!).

It's held every week in the roof of an old warehouse. The guests DJs this week were from LIVIN PROOF (Snips & Khalil, two heavyweight DJs) and Hudson Mowhawke. The DJing was excellent, some of the best I've seen in a long time. Great to hear some hip-hop out and about as well. A very casual, intimate vibe going on there for sure. BPm and his people have got a good thing going there. The guy in the green shirt in the clip spent the whole evening trying to chirpse the chick in the white tee and is now an internet star! Watch your behaviour whilst online folks...! Best tunes of the night?

I Really Mean It: The Diplomats/Dipset
The World Is Yours: Nas
We Gon' Make It: Ruff Ryders

Anyway, I was totally inspired by it, which is good seeing as I'm on the internet myself next week! The Hot Selection Carnival Special. PLUS+DJs, Dave, Frank & Me. Get ready... meanwhile, here's the clip from last night.

2 comments:

  1. Lebz. Are you sure mate. What party has the lights on full beam? Don't see anything out of this world re- tunes. Not much of a vibe either. People watching Ross DJ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyy

    What's the Name Of the Very Last Track and Who's lt By?

    Thanks

    Netsxxxx

    ReplyDelete